At the Red Hotel we aim to provide an enjoyable and stress-free experience, and every guest reservation is important to us. With that in mind, we have the following policies to ensure the comfort, safety and consideration of ALL our guests staying on the hill. We ask that you please review and consider these as you plan your stay with us.
Reservations and payment
- A credit card number is required to hold a reservation.
- We appreciate payment in cash or check, but will also accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. A 4% fee will be added for payment with credit card.
- During peak season, (April-November) a Friday to Sunday 2-night stay is required. No Saturday check ins.
- The Pine, Cedar Aspen and Studio apartments require a two night stay from November 1st to March 31st.
- Three-night minimum is required for Buffalo Bill Days, (First week-end in August) and Labor Day. Discounted rates do not apply.
- When making reservations, we ask that you please consider that late cancellations impact our guests and us greatly. Please note that we adhere to our policies in all circumstances. The Red Hotel cannot be responsible for cancellations due to poor weather or any other reason. For this reason, our cancellation/change of date policies are as follows with NO exceptions.
- An office fee of $25 per room will be charged for any cancellation or changes of dates.
- A full 14-day notice (3 p.m. check in) is required for any cancellation. Late cancellations will result in a charge equal to one night stay, plus applicable taxes and office fee.
- Holiday and Event weekends as well as group reservations of 3 or more rooms will require a full 21-day cancellation (3 p.m. check in). Late cancellations will result in a charge equal to one night stay, plus applicable taxes and office fee. Any cancellation made less than 14 days prior to reservation will result in full charges for entire stay.
- Any cancellation made less than 7 days prior to reservation (3 p.m. check-in) or no shows will result in full charges for entire stay, plus applicable taxes and office fee. No exceptions.
- No cancellations accepted by e-mail. A cancellation is not considered valid until it has been received and confirmed by us with a phone call.
Check in/Check out:
We pride ourselves in providing a clean and relaxing Home on the Hill for our guests, and we ask that you please respect this time while we prepare for your and future guest stays.
- Check out time is 11:00 a.m. Check in time is 3:00 p.m. If your arrival will be after 7:00 p.m., you must contact us at 507-467-2999 to make arrangements to ensure we are available.
- Arrivals later than 7:00 PM must make prior arrangements to ensure your check in
- Our main goal is the comfort of our registered guests. Therefore, the property and grounds of the Red Hotel are for our registered guests only. If the same family/group has booked all nine units, daytime visitors are allowed with Management’s discretion to limit the number of people. We do require visitors be offsite by 10:00 p.m. A $10 per visitor fee applies and all guests must register at the office. The use of our showers are for registered guests only – no exceptions. Management also reserves the right to expel any visitor from the grounds.
- All rates are based on 1 or 2 guests. There is an additional charge of $15 per guest/per night. Maximum occupancy enforced without exception.An additional $50.00 fee will be applied for exceeding maximum occupancy.
- No smoking or bikes in the rooms. Bikes are not allowed on decks. On-site biking storage is available for your use. An additional $150 cleaning fee may be applied.
- No pets are allowed on property.
- For our apartment guests, we would appreciate that you wash and clean your dishes. We will be happy to do them for you for an additional $20 service fee.
- Any lost and found items will be retained for 30 days. It is the responsibility of the guest to make arrangements for their return and pay shipping charges.
- Please help us protect our Ash Trees. No outside firewood is allowed on site – this is also in adherence to State law. We do sell large bundles for $8.00
- A fee may be charged for any damage to or loss of Red Hotel property. Management reserves the right to expel any disruptive or destructive guests without refund.
* All rates are subject to MN sales, the city of Lanesboro sales, and Lanesboro lodging tax. Rates and policies are subject to change without prior notice.